PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 18:04
EI Premier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You made the claim of a €600 million subsidy yet have singularly failed to prove it just relying on an AF statement.

If the info was out there then clearly AF would have gotten a hold of it, info isn't out there because it doesn't exist and is Fiction.
You have ignored all of my points made to you because you know you can't answer them. In relation to the €600million, I said that it may be a ballpark/approximate figure. I suggest you go and read-up on various articles and journals relating to court cases and other issues relating to Ryanair receiving subsidies - there are a multitude of them.

By the same virtue, what are you relying on to say the Ryanair are not receiving these subsidies? What are you basing this information on? You can continue to post one-line comments but the fact is that it has been shown on this Aer Lingus thread in the past several days that Aer Lingus' position is certainly looking healthier, that the management of the company have taken the necessary steps to return Aer Lingus to profitability in the medium term and that comparisons with the cost base of Ryanair are simply incorrect because of the reasons that have been repeatedly mentioned.

There is a distasteful anomisty amongst some individuals regarding the proactive steps that Aer Lingus have taken to secure the company's future as a viable and profitable entity... But then again, that would be the case if you were constatly predicting their demise..

I will no longer be discussing this element on this thread. I've made my points, validated and substantiated them & am not going to repeat them again. However, if you wish to discuss all things purely Aer Lingus related then that would be interesting.

On that note - EI-ELA A330-302X should be arriving imminently. The configuration looks consistent with the fleet in that it is C24, Y298. St Colman is the name assigned to the aircraft and it will be nice to see yet another brand new long haul aircraft enter the fleet.