PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2000 applications with GO
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2001, 20:09
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oleo's advice is very sensible stuff for any Wannabe to follow. As many of you know, I have been sounding cautionary notes (OK, bloody pessimistic!) about the job market for a month or three now, and I think that my crystal ball is in unusually good working order.
The people who are really between a rock and a hard place are those who are half-way through training. They can see the jobs diappearing, but are committed to finishing what they started. The uncertainty must be very worrying. For those of you that have your licences, keep plugging away; there are always some jobs out there. Right now, in fact, it's still quite a good jobs market, but I don't think it will be in 6 to 12 months time. Those amongst you just contemplating starting, think very carefully about it and make sure you have a fallback option.
As many of you will know, this advice applies equally to many fields of endeavour; those of you in the IT, technology and manufacturing fields are feeling the cold already. Aviation just catches it a few months later.