PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfields NOT require PPR by phone
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 09:13
Slopey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both myself and others in our 172 group had have a roasting from ATC at both Aberdeen and Inverness for no PPR. Aberdeen are getting increasingly shirty about it (even though the aircraft is based there and was just away for an hour or two down to Dundee and back), but I wonder if that just depends who you get (and to be fair to them, it can be helluva busy with the whirly mob and commercial stuff). (they're getting a bit odd in general - i.e. doing away with booking out via the phone - it'll need to be done by the stupid AFPEx non-website in the future they tell us )

One of our group was out on a bimble out of Aberdeen, headed up to Inverness and thought he'd pop in for a coffee/have a chat about training - all quiet, nothing in-bound/outbound - called up to ask and was told "no PPR, no landing" in no uncertain terms.

So he routes overhead to bimble onto the North, and suddenly they're back on the horn asking him if he'd like to land and it's all fine really. He declined based on their previous attitude and headed home.