PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight School Dillema
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 07:08
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know whirls apart from the more likely to get a job straight away line its better than most posts on intergrated.

And I do have to admit that the Intergrated FTO's do have a flight standards deptment which most Mod don't but thats a size thing more than anything.

Another reason I would add to his list is that some students need a controlled enviroment to learn in. This is not so much towards the flight side of things but more for the ground school.

The whole thing revolves around whats best for you and if the extra is worth it for you. 80% of people it is not.

Please ignore any comments on likely hood of getting a job there are no jobs just now unless you have networking contacts.
Ignore comments on quality of training (they are the same)

The main thing which ever way you train is to come out as a balanced individual (chip on both shoulders) and realise that which ever way you trained nobody really give two hoots about it. Its a stepping stone. Which ever way you trained you will still be ****e when you intially go on line. But with time you will improve. Where, how and when is very rarely discussed flying the line. The only time it has been brought up in my experence is a Intergrated trained FO bring's it up usually to inform me "thats not the way they taught us at Oxford" with some procedure, thats proberly correct for a fancy jet. But inapproprate for 25 year old heap of a turbo prop whose autopilot I wouldn't bet my lunch money on doing what you expect when you go for a coupled approach.