PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2010, 03:15
Delphic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys, I understand you're frustrations since I've been on hold for over a year myself.

However, I think it's good to remember that there are only a handful of recruiters processing hundreds of applications. Each applicant requires their Security forms to be verified and processed, individual referees to be called, Medicals to be organised, and contracts issued for those successful. In between all that the recruiters have lives too.

Even sending a generic feelgood email to those of us still waiting might involve somebody having to sift through hundreds of email addresses, separating people into different categories so that the the right email is received.

So far they have organised two groundschools two weeks apart, which suggests a pattern. Approximately 32 people have now been given start dates, which means we all move up about 32 positions. Not everybody can be first, as much as we'd like to be amongst the first. At some point we will have our applications processed.

While it might seem unfair for those of us who have been waiting a long time, we simply don't know their selection criteria or what they've been told by management, and they are under no obligation to offer any of us a job for that matter. We're not always offered jobs based on the amount of hoops we've jumped through.

What I am suggesting is that we all keep one eye on pprune and one eye on our current jobs/lives/hobbies. This is a great time to develop patience - an important quality to have for the aviation business, and work on the skills required to be a successful flight attendant.

Saying that, I do wish everybody the best of luck with their applications!