PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 22:45
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Having read much of this thread, and listened to the podcast, I can only conclude that Peter Burkhill has been very severely wronged by BA management and badly let down by BALPA.

As I see it, (from the perspective of being a retired 757/767 captain and I guess most pilots would share this view, so I may be stating the obvious) cabin crew trainers are NOT qualified to make any judgement about a pilot's technical handling of an accident such as this particularly when they are not privy to an investigation which has not even been concluded.

For cabin crew trainers, of all people, to make judgement of this captain, or indeed any other pilot, BEFORE the publication of the internal BA report and BEFORE the publication of the AAIB report and pass on this criticism to their trainees strikes me as grossly irresponsible to put it mildly.

Perhaps someone legally qualified could cast some light on whether Peter might have grounds to sue the perpetrators for slander, it should not be difficult to track down those "trainers".

In the meantime I wish him every good luck for the future.

Last edited by RetiredBA/BY; 6th Apr 2010 at 23:11.