PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overhead Baggage anyone
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 20:23
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowcostdolly

Unfortunatly the SLF are cottoning onto the fact they can avoid the baggage charge as well by dragging their oversized luggage onto the plane for the CC/dispatcher to then hold load free of charge.

My lot have no weight limit either. As long as the pax can get it into the lockers unaided according to EZY thats fine. However there are a few SLF who take this literally and don't think closing the lockers applies Que the drama queens when their luggage is then offloaded
What is my hand luggage allowance?

Your lot, as with just about all others are very specific with regards to hand luggage so it's rather trite to blame the SLF if your company fail to enforce their own rules and regulations.

As someone who sticks strictly to the letter of the law on this subject I would be rather pleased to see gate agents refusing SLF access to the aircraft if they have exceeded the allowance.

Surely in the interest of flight safety it is also the duty of responsible CC to refuse to allow SLF onto the aircraft if they have more than one bag or one that is too big.

SLF are not always the sharpest tools in the box however in this instance they are definitely putting one over on most airlines and most airlines seem more than happy to simply roll over and take it