PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th Apr 2010, 16:21
Kapitanleutnant

You poor guys....

I'm really sorry to say you have absolutely NO IDEA what you are about to get yourselves into at EK.

Make no mistake about it.... you will come back to this forum someday after or even during training and understand just some of the things you've read here on Pprune and been warned of.

I came here for the much touted upgrade and it just seems we all have been continuously beat up my a management that sees no problems with flying us 94 hours per month thru all differing time zones, no support whatsover, a seemingly constant battle just to get some semblance of justice when you have been blatently wronged by either the system or crew sched. Things that you used to not worry about so much with regards to family issues and getting time off to take care of them will all the sudden become a fight with a duty manager or higher to get that time to take care of things.

Unless you are essentially going to starve yourself or your family if you don't take this job, run away from it and run fast.

If the world economy was more healthy and other airlines were hiring, I believe it safe to say that almost 80% of the pilots at EK would be gone or getting ready to leave. This very statement was met with a standing ovation at a large TRI/TRE meeting a month or two ago.

K