PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 16:07
EL CAPITAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FyingRyan76, you can join as an expat and gain Permanent Resident status if you stay at least 7 years in Taiwan, but since your wife is Taiwanese your case would be different, in EVA expats and locals have the same salary except that expats get either a room at their building or a house allowance, but if you become PR you loose the house allowance (I think, not sure about this if your wife is Taiwanese if your wife is foreigner you don't loose it), but the rest of the salary is the same. In EVA you get a 4 year contract, and is almost like a permanent contract, LAST YEAR EVA RENEWED EVERYBODY AND DIDN'T LAY OFF ANYBODY, I'm not defending EVA I'm just stating the FACTS, is it the best job?? I don't think so, as an FO it would a be very very long wait for upgrade, but as I'm writing this they are interviewing FO's who have been there I think for about 9 years for upgrade, if they pass it or not is a different story. If you are willing to really go to Taiwan go to EVA, not CAL, and hurry they are in desperate need at the moment. I tell you all this because I KNOW FIRST HAND.....Cheers...The CAPT.....