PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic aero club warrior crash landing Moorabbin Airport
Old 6th Apr 2010, 14:58
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No fixed wing aircraft should be below 1000ft tracking into MB by day in VMC. It takes 30 seconds to read the plate before posting.

Yes its a requirement to do a circ approach for CIR but you cant do it by day in VMC at MB. If his claims of 200-250ft are true then its a very different story to 300 ft above the highest obstacle which isn't 300ftAGL.

Its worth noting that you have paraphrased my quote. I did say that he should take them to casa if he witnessed the rego and If hehad substantiated proof of height using the webtrack software.

I'm not condoning idiots who buy homes near airports only to complain. A genuine, substantiated claim of aircraft below MDA or their min circ height, depending on conditions, however is one of serious concern. I dont think this is the case this time, I think more realistically its a case of gung ho idiots ignoring max speeds which gives the illusion of being lower. Circling at 300ftAGL let alone 200 or 250ft is and feels very low in a PA31-C90; MB tower and MEL would be well aware that they are that low. If the weather is that bad and I were instructing in a C90 I'd be teaching good airmanship and conducting a runway aligned instrument approach.