PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 6th Apr 2010, 14:57
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon,

I would like to thank all the people who have provided me with leads; I appreciate your help and support. I would also like to personally thank George Semel for participating on this thread. George has been a pillar of support during my tour of Africa, and is someone we should all heed to when advice is being offered. In the same context I would like to thank you all for your posts too.

It has been raised in one of the above posts and why I should not go back and explore Africa a bit more. I have no response to this as I think it is a fantastic idea in which I would love to go back and try my luck again. However at the current moment in time funds have dried out, and am trying to save up again to fund my next venture.

I received a call this morning from a SSTR organisation; I was shocked at how convincing these guys are, offering me an A320 type and 150 line training for just under £40,000. Anyway I am sticking to my guns and resisting that route. I have been following up any leads and as yet have not heard anything back.

This morning had been down to the temping agencies handing out C.V’s so hopefully hear something back. I am trying to think outside of the box, but like it has been said before that I may have tried everything in my power.

So for the short term I have decided to stay current and keep plugging away at looking for work. I would also like to point out to Shaun Ryder who has been kind enough to share his views, that even though they were painful to read, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your advice. I truly believe that the advice you offered was meant in my best interest.

However I anyone does have any further advice for inexperienced pilots, I would be forever grateful if you could share it with us. Myself and am sure many others like me would be honoured by your views and advice. As always I hope this post finds you all in best health.

Kash360