PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 13:01
valensi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
news?

Hi all,

This will come as no surprise to most, there IS training going on at the moment; and this training is for Arabic speakers only. Encouraging as it is that there are whispers of trainings going ahead in May, June and July; the website currently has a host of GCC ADs for Arabic Speakers only - coincidence?

As it stands, these new recruits are getting priority over us holding pool swimmers. A Moroccan friend of mine who I met at my AUH AD in July '09 who wasn't successful then, but tried again and was successful at the AUH AD in January '10, has recieved a call and is scheduled to start training April 25th. Of course, I'm happy for her; but the green-eyed monster has definitely struck since I was successful 6 months before and STILL waiting.

My recruitment co-ordinator advised me yesterday that what may happen with us long-term swimmers is very similair to that of the Emirates situation last year - another Final Interview, either over the phone or in the country you were interviewed in. I was also told these would be assessed on a case-by-case basis i.e/ length of time spent in the holding pool, previous cabin crew/customer service experience AND, surprise surprise, language skills, as to whether or not an extra Re-evaluation Final Interview would be required.. in other words, some will, some won't, and some won't even be considered. Ouch.

Fingers crossed tho, we'll all be flying sometime in 2010 - I remain optimistic.

xo