PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 08:39
spacemantan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Spaceman, why so dark about quality of trainees? You seem to know what you are talking about, so you would also be aware that the syllabus and number of QFIs that a trainee flies with means it has to be some serious conspiracy to get someone through under the required standard!
I really think we'll need to start a new thread to discuss this further. I'm not suggesting there is a conspiracy theory at all... I'm merely an impressionable pilot who's heard rumblings from those in ATW/ACG about quality of graduates.

Many who i've spoken to agree that there are a number of reasons for this which does include the softening of "grades" so to speak.

To a certain degree I believe it. If 2FTS's goal is provide pilots ready and able to complete OPCON, then why are there more people bombing out of conversion... I honestly cannot back any figures up because i'm just not in the know... But thats what i've heard...

Having said that though, I believe the quality of instruction at 2FTS is superb and it could simply be a case of some people falling through the cracks...