PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Apr 2010, 08:05
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning peterlike

Having read your last post I assume you are thinking about your position in terms of staying in the union or leaving etc. this week?
(Please correct me if I am wrong).
If this is so, then it is quite right to look at where we have come from and where this is going.
I think we all agree on how we have got here, many posters over the months have objectively discussed this.
This week I believe we are at a crossroads in this dispute. I think that within the next few days we will either see an end to this dispute, or the beginning of the end which will be longer and far more painful (my view).
Over the months I have listened/watched twists and turns as you have. I have spoken and emailed people in our company to understand finer points of the proposal.
I totally understand the need for change and support it. My big concern has been future career structure for our younger crew and maintaining their earnings.
I believe the company has addressed this, further more there are big opportunities for crew in our business, managing on the new fleet.
If this doesn't appeal then you don't have to do it!
I think this is very fair.

I firmly believe that if all members of Unite were given a chance to vote on the proposal the majority would accept it in a blink.

It's all pretty much still there on the table, so what's the problem?

If the company is faced with more strikes then I think it will continue to build it's schedule and negate the effects of strike action. (All ready evident over the previous actions).

It would be very sad indeed, if in a few months from now we hear the words 'if only.'

My views on a previous post, they do not represent my employer or any other party.

Last edited by Clarified; 6th Apr 2010 at 08:35.