PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Detrimental effects of media coverage (QF)
Old 6th Apr 2010, 07:32
ROH111

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Isn't it funny.

The media hammer Qantas, leaving everyone else alone.

I am trying to be sensitive here, but stating facts... I don't know about you guys, but I have not seen ANY media coverage of the sad story out of Darwin. I mean, struth, it's a high capacity RPT aircraft that killed people. Then a window delaminates on a Qantas flight and it's headline news. The Darwin accident killed people, the delamination in no way even threatened life!

Then there is Emirates. As everyone is aware, they have had a very dangerous incident departing YMML (I am refering to the tail strike) and then their flagship, the A380, landed in Sydney, runway 16R, nearly on the road before the runway!! WELL outside of the TDZ, and that get's no media attention! To see what I am talking about refer to the video link on youtube.com below.

YouTube - Emirates A380 hard and short landing AKL-SYD

Yes, tyres blowing isn't a great thing to happen and the sparks make great viewing on the TV, but a pilot, landing, well short of a runway, no pitch up on touch down, no regard/understanding of a TDZ and they get no media attention!! This could have killed people more than a flaky window!

Come on media, get your act together!