PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic aero club warrior crash landing Moorabbin Airport
Old 6th Apr 2010, 07:19
PaulDamian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. The King Air is NOT Air Ambulance B200 with red and white livery, its from a training organisation... a C90 that lives at MBB.
I've never seen the Air Ambulance fly too low - it is pretty good in the air. It climbs out steep and quick usually.

After seeing the other King Air (C90) fly over about 5 times, waaaay to low, I rang the school out of courtesy and spoke to the (apparenntly) chief pilot, who didn't seem to give a sh1t...

2. I don't need a 'Fat Rats Clacker'... but imagine it would be hairy.

3. I accept that you doubt pilots are flying too low and too often, but I can tell you they are. Its probably a matter of opinion as to what is acceptable, but I can read the rego on many, and I have normal vision.

4. The 'd!ckhead' neighbours are constituents, vote to members on local councils, state parliament and federal parliament, some even make complaints which, while not acted on, are recorded. At the end of the day, I'm afraid that these "d!cs..." might have more influence that you think. With the property developers, they might be enough to tip the balance. Its all about politics and money.

5. 250 agl. On downwind.... Yes, I am good at judging distances, including altitude.

6. Complaints go usually nowhere. People that complain are regarded or labelled as serial pests and most people or gov. departments make the appropriate note and don't take any action, untill... something bad happens or there is a government review of the future of MBB.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see MBB continue (perhaps even get a job there one day) but I just think that we might be a bit too cavalier about the local impact. Have a look at Tyabb.

My comments really are that

(i) I think pilots at MBB need to be a bit more attentive to height, and

(ii) Don't under-estimate the locals, you might regard them as 'd!ckheads' but they might end up having more influence that you think.

Sorry to offend anyone or get anyone off side, I'm only trying to be constructive... I just think we should be more careful. I'm not a local on the bandwagon, but I can see a battle brewing and as a pilot I don't think we are in the best position. PD.