PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Roster Predictions for 2010
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 04:35
PorkKnuckle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They like people who don't understand that they lost more than last year's 3%. This year your percentage pay rise would've been based on last year's salary level AND the last year's 3% increase. This is known as compound interest, my friend.

Instead (IF they were to give us the 6%) (which they won't - last year's 3% is gone forever) there would be a difference in the end result (the product). As I said it is small, on this occasion, but it should be your money.

I suspect our loving management beancounters DO understand compound interest and enjoy it when the slaves (that's us) don't catch onto exactly what we're missing.

I haven't smoked anything waccy since I've been here but I still sometimes feel like I'm on drugs in this place.

I think we're getting robbed by the company
You can be sure you are being robbed and not just on the salary. EK pay you your cash but every function of the entire city (including your employer) is arranged in such a way as to try to recover as much of that money back from you as possible. With the FOs, they largely succeed.