PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gringos wanting to fly in our airlines haha
Old 6th Apr 2010, 01:39
gasguzzlerlatino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belliot,
Really, So I just happen to have a friend get hired in January at AE, which is one I mentioned and you are telling me I didnt do my research? As matter of fact, some of my good friends that happen to be gringos have gotten hired to fly CRJs with around 250 hours, don't think it only happens in latin america.

Glueball, you hit it right on the spot, there are beautifull women down south.

So most of the above say Im on a racist rant... take it how you like it. If I am not mistaken who are the ones that generalize and call non english speaking people "wetbacks, beaners, spics, etc"
Gringo is not even an insult and does not suggest anything like wetback , beaner , etc... I challenge anyone to tell me where the word gringo comes from, cause I know where the saying comes.

Anyways the point is there ARE jobs out there, do your research, I know it might be flying something you dont like, so what, at least you have openings. There is flight instructing as well, so what, a downgrade from flying heavy metal? It is still a job.
There are several countries that have shut the doors to fellow colleagues in the past, then reasonable it is for having reciprocity. If someone wants to jumpseat on X airline, then their airline should allow jumpseat from X airline as well.
And for the european who was quoted saying they are the best in whatever they do , good for you , if that floats your boat , great. In no wawy am I saying Latin americans we are superior to someone else at whatever, skin color and language doesnt mean anything when it comes to flying.