PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 01:17
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We've had our first few Alicante and Faro flights. Any word on how these are doing? They must give the airport a bit of a boost after a long, long winter.

I was through Derry on Sunday, but it was a rush (21.25 BHX flight....all other trade was through by then, and twilight had well and truly set in!); so much so, that I hardly took anything in. Damn shame as I would've liked time to appreciate the changes Speedbird has mentioned on here.

It could be a great summer for LDY when all flights come on line. What I hadn't realised, but now do with some astonishment, is that, (until further routes appear in May and peak summer months to EDI, MAN, FAO and PMI), Derry has a grand total of three flights inbound and three flights outbound on Tuesdays. Surely this must be the quietest days at LDY for many years (at the very, very least passenger-wise since RYR started services from the airport- I thought Saturdays last winter were bad!).

Sad. Really sad. Especially when other days, with many more flights, highlight the potential of the place.