PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2010, 00:40
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Owen

It’s not so much about credibility. It’s about the obvious issue - if you constantly post without using your real name about such relatively mundane issues as airspace, then eventually you’ll have no influence.

Look at what’s happening. I totally support the fact that people can post on PPRuNe anonymously – an absolute necessity when whistle-blowing becomes unavoidable and at other important times. However, when discussing an issue of where to allocate airspace categories – which should be totally science-based – I cannot see the need to hide behind anonymity.

Also, I point out – and it’s obvious – that the “powers that be” who make the decisions in the Government will simply take no notice of people constantly ranting whilst hiding behind anonymity instead of putting their own name to their beliefs.

So I will say it again …

I have always supported that there are times when posting anonymously is necessary. However nowhere in the PPRuNe rules does it say that people can’t post under their own name if they so wish.

All pretty simple as far as I’m concerned.