PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield Blacklist?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 20:21
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have an agenda, just got royally shaft by those idiots in the terminal. As we discussed by PM.

Also as well the airspace grab is taking the piss. And the thousands of pounds spent on it would have been better spent on tarmac so your taxiways are in better condition than the access road to the local caravan park.

Any GA movements into to Norwich are self defeating to the GA cause as it only hinders the arguments for the refusal of the CAS.

3.2 Of the 537 responses from individuals or organisations not on the consultation
list, all except 3 objected to the proposal. It is unusual to receive such a large
number of responses from a particular sub-set of the aviation community which,
from the initial analysis appeared to be based on objections to common issues.
Indeed it appears that this might have been an orchestrated campaign against
the proposal (through corporate websites and other means) outside the accepted
process for consultation promulgated by the CAA. It should be noted that the
national representative organisations of all aviation interests are formal consultee
organisations by virtue of their membership of the CAA’s National Air Traffic
Management Advisory Committee (NATMAC). This apparent action outside the
recognised consultation process is the subject of further evaluation and
discussion with the CAA.
Is an exert from the consultation process. Obviously nobody at Norwich considered the fact that the reason why they only got 3 postive replys was because it was stupid idea in the first place.

And it should also be blacklisted because I believe its one of the few airfields which charges for emergency diversions. Although they proberly changed that when they went for CAS to try and show they are GA friendly

There are lots of GA fields in the Norwich area I am sure if you post which aircraft type your planning to arrive in, a local will tell you which one is most suitable. but you can't go wrong with Seething I reckon. Even if you need to get into town is cheaper getting a taxi than the landing and handling at Norwich.

Last edited by mad_jock; 5th Apr 2010 at 20:42.