PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pitch Authority
Thread: Pitch Authority
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 18:14
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"Going round in circles"

Quote from BOAC:
We are in danger of re-inventing the wheel here. This is NOTHING NEW - it has been a factor on the 737 (for one) and probably all low-slung jets since Pontius was a pilot. We have several threads on it. All training departments and manufacturers SHOULD be now emphasing it. All pilots who need to be should be aware of it.
[unquote]

BOAC,

I agree with your first two sentences, take your word for the third, agree with your fourth, and think you are being presumptious in your final (underlined) point.

You are one of the most experienced and long-time contributors to PPRuNe; a pillar of this Forum. Rather than admonishing some of us newer guys for starting/contributing to a fresh thread on something YOU (and, as it happens, I) regard as old-hat, how about giving us a few links? So far, my use of Advanced Search has been unsuccessful, so maybe others are also giving up...

On a more serious note, there is an expression somewhere about "LESSONS (NOT ALWAYS) HANDED DOWN" that springs to mind. Not everyone on this Forum has the benefit of our experience, the best training departments, or the amount of spare time to trawl through the PPRuNe archive.

Chris