PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 things that annoy you in aviation.
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 18:00
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Chicken

As I said in the last post that I made there are a lot of things that seem to get left out of the training when one of the low time jet dreamers is doing the teaching (this is not usualy a problem with the older career instructors).

Put a young and atractive Female into the plot and the whole thing turns to a can of worms, the jet deamer's mind is even less on the job of teaching than usual and it will show, just ask the young lady to tell you a little about how to switch off the alternator in case of a failure or what the camshaft operates or what the mixture lever is used for?

The blank look that you will get from the young lady is not because she is stupid or is not paying attention, it is most likely because this instructor is not doing his job.

The technical side of the PPL is usualy the worst taught part, with the exams passed more from memory of practice exam papers rather than a true understanding of the subject, add the lack of knowlage of mechanical subjects that females usualy have for cultural reasons and you have a problem on your hands.

Any way Iron Chicken I am sorry if you were looking for an anti-female pilot rant, you won't get that from me........... some of the best pilots that I have had the pleasure to fly with professionaly are female.