PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Apr 2010, 17:31
Chuchinchow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Response to peterlike

Your responses are somewhat equivocal, peterlike.

(1) Nowhere in my 'solution' did I imply, in any way, that blame was being or should be ascribed to any person or group, and nor did I mention "the Union". Passengers and the public at large are more concerned about getting the transport services they have planned and paid for.

(2) Nowhere in your original message is it suggested that the passengers making up the notional 2.25 plane loads are bound for different destinations. You are now wriggling and trying to manoeuvre yourself out of a difficulty you have made for yourself by making your original assertion.

(3) British Airways management is definitely "bothered about what the customers think". That is why it had contingency plans for being able to function during this industrial dispute. BA management's public responses to the unions' activities have been seen by the public at large as honest, measured and straightforward. BA was not seen to have resorted to hysterical and patently dishonest or untrue rhetoric - unlike the unions.

(4) Your diversionary issue of "the baggage situation" is completely irrelevant in the current discussion. There has not been a single report, in any press, radio or television medium, of "suitcases getting soaking wet on the open tarmac".

Why drag in apocryphal and unreferenced stories from years back in your attempts to wriggle out of defending your original hypothesis - which was on dealing with optimal aircraft occupancy, in case you had forgotten - in the current dispute?

(5) Let us now move to your contention that "if WW put the first offer back on the table - the strike would be over and everyone would be happy."

If Len McLoosekey had stuck by the terms of his gentlemen's agreement not to bring the cabin crew out on strike during the "cease fire", and if that person had permitted cabin crew members to vote on Mr Walsh's proposals, there would not have been the slightest need for strike action.

As it was McLoosekey, no sooner than he had left the room in which he had promised to pass WW's offer to his constituents for their consideration, immediately went back on his word and called cabin crew out on strike!

But you know all about that, don't you, peterlike?

(6) It matters not one little bit to me personally whether or not you (or anyone else) are "not strongly in one camp or the other".

You said you "just want honest answers". Good: there they are: "honest answers".

Last edited by Chuchinchow; 5th Apr 2010 at 18:50.