PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Equal Opportunities & Diversity
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 17:26
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the considerations any Manager has to consider Kirsty is how you'd fit into the team. I suspect the HR person might have had a say on that, albeit after the interview. In very generalised terms and with the greatest of respect this was likely to be considered over competence in my humble view. Over the years Ops rooms (generally considered male orientated places of work) have been "infiltrated" by the female species much to the overall benefit of the team / airline (and the Office as "they" tend to tidy up unlike us blokes...). I have to say that or else they'll string me up.
In all Airlines the Ops room banter can get quiet close to the mark and occasionally some head banging has to take place to ensure peace and harmony rules.
In a previous life I employed someone from the other side (i'm not sure which side now ) and once it became public knowledge I had a hard time (not literally ) maintaining departmental morale for everyone. Now days I let my Staff interview and vet prospective joiners....

So, in a roundabout way does that help ?