PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Roadshow in Toronto
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 17:14
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would advise ANYONE even remotely considering working for Emirates to think very, very long and hard about it, and take some time to educate themselves about the reality of the company and the country before committing to this move. There is a ton of information on the Middle East forums, and I can personally attest to the fact that at the core of it all, it is completely true.

I myself am looking to return to Canada, I cannot do so fast enough, having wasted enough years in a medieval, backwards place working for a bullying, deceitful, lying employer. No matter which bottom-feeder in Canada you come from, I can assure you that Emirates will make them look like amateurs in the way they are able to manipulate their employees. I am simply grateful that the economy seems to be improving in Canada. It is to the point where I am not even looking within aviation, but at ANY employment that will allow me to leave Emirates.

I will not belabour the point, as those who have already made up their minds that all who have gone before them, don't know what they're talking about, will go anyway. And then be the ones bitterly complaining several months later as they realize they are trapped in a training bond and several thousand miles away from home with a three-month notice clause. If they're lucky they will be single, if they're not they probably will be soon thereafter.

But for anyone else, please do yourself a favour and take a very long read through the Middle East forums pertaining to Emirates.

It will be your only defence against the slick PR machine desperately trying to spin their lies to entice people to work for them.