PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C130J just a strat aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2002, 19:17
BEagle

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts
Whilst I've always got on very well with the TPs I've converted onto type (except for the one who wanted to do his own unbriefed handling assessment during a routine conversion flight!), we also agreed that much of the system itself was a complete feat of ar$e. Trials which weren't, time wasted on jollies when the job could easily have been completed in a fraction of the time....

Another example. New paint scheme required a thermal load trial. So where did they go? Nellis, funny old thing. A couple of weeks at HM's expense when any meteorologist could have warned them that the temp wasn't going to be particularly extreme in that part of the world at that time of year. However, it would have been in Oman - but they declined the offer.....

But I have to say that some of the weird boffins I've met are simply barking.......

KwintyKwoo has its place - but it is currently seen as an expensive irrelevance by many. Much of its work most certainly does NOT require a TP! Nice chaps though they might be.....