PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trolly pushers cant be asked
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2010, 14:56
sea oxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lanc53

I do apologise - that wasn't polite of me.

It was hard of me to grasp what you meant, though. When you say that they couldn't be 'asked', what do you mean? Would they not listen, or did you mean that they could not be troubled to do so? If it were the latter, the expression 'arsed' is the word you want,

As boardingpass points out, you can hardly expect CC to be caterers and refuse collectors at the same time - although on some sectors, I admit that the distinction becomes blurred.

On the return journey they would not move the drinks trolley up the isle one row
So I could get to the toilet.
They seem to have no thought other than to push the drinks trolley according to their way of doing things .
How long was the trolley there? As far as 'their way of doing things' is concerned - well, yes. That's their job.

This phenomenon is very familiar to LH passengers, especially with an early-morning arrival. Everyone is woken/waking up and breakfast is served. You have 20 minutes to dodge the carts and get rid of the coffee (and the wine from the night before) before the seat belt lights are switched on and it's Tycho Brahe time.

Moreover, the floor of an overnight flight from London to SIN or BKK looks like a Manila garbage dump. They've designed those little plastic cups so they're *just* big enough to get into the seat pocket when they're empty, but they spring out when you're not watching. They roll around all night.

F3G
Equitable Life? <ducks>

SO