PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic aero club warrior crash landing Moorabbin Airport
Old 5th Apr 2010, 14:24
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fact, the YCEM accident, the club aircraft was doing circuits, at the published circuit altitude.
Fact, both aircraft had instructors on board.
Fact, the second aircraft was a local, and fully familiar with YCEM and operations at that field.
Fact, the club aircraft was essentially hit from behind.
You've got your facts wrong. BZA was hit from the lower left hand side. UMB was invisible to BZA, however BZA would have been in full view of UMB. The damage to both aircraft is pretty representative of that, anyone who was there on the day would know that. Anyone who knows both pilots would know the full story.

I dont think there are any issues with the club, I've done a lot of flying there and have recommended them on many occasions. For the most part the school is very good and have a very good knowledge base in their senior instructors.

Beeza I think you'll find most older pilots will know that there is no worse flight than the first flight out of maint. Personally I hate picking up a plane fresh out of maint and I trust our engineers implicitly.