PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gringos wanting to fly in our airlines haha
Old 5th Apr 2010, 13:21
gasguzzlerlatino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets see if this reply gets posted, cause my first reply didn't , people don't like reading the truth apparently.
To summarize, there are several pilots that for being too picky they don't want to fly in their countries regionals , but they want to in other countries? Look at what they came to do in Panama, thankfully Copa is doing the right thing now.
I have heard it from my colleagues and not only crews from Copa, foreigners are there just for the flying, at least be polite, learn the culture, it doesnt take away anything to do so.
Why should the rest of the world or at least latin america be open towards foreign pilots (majorly gringos) and the US not be open towards foreigners as well? Why should we allow foreigners to jumpseat while, someone else don't? There is plenty of qualified colleagues in the region that are waiting for their turn because there really isnt as many vacants as in OTHER countries. Ill give it to you guys, it is the airlines fault as well for not giving priority in the past to nationals. However if there is no more locals and the airline still needs to fill vacants, then a foreigner , if he or she passes the tests, converts licenses ( if needed to) and does meet the other requirements then welcome, but until that there are a couple or regionals hiring right now up north.