PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Vic aero club warrior crash landing Moorabbin Airport
Old 5th Apr 2010, 10:47
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
CGT is from my memory; "Grandfathers Axe". I'm not sure if it has had a spar replacement or not. In any case it served me well.

Ramrod:

Sunfish, so are you admitting that the KKW incident did happen, despite basically calling me a liar in your response to my initial post?
As alluded to by another poster, the crew did not know the differences in that aircraft compared to the other aircraft. Why could this be so- who knows? Could it be the Club didnt publish and emphasise the differences? Could it be just simple forgetfulness? In hindsight things could have been done differently (like making/calibrating a new dipstick when the Club bought it- but the benefit of incidents like these is the learning experience).
I am calling you a malevolent troll, make no mistake about that.

KKW was an incident no one could have foreseen unless one wants to assume every aircraft needs to have its dipstick recalibrated when it is purchased. Specifically, you might like to look up the concept of "useable fuel" and also the weight and balance figures for a C150. If that is foreign to you, as I expect it is, I won't help you.

The forced landing in a quarry was a mechanical failure. You might like to look up the term "infant mortality" as it applies to mechanical systems.

Two mid air collisions are of indeterminate origin.

Last weeks event was of an indeterminate nature.

As I happen to have built one system for monitoring safety performance of an airline that more than satisfied CASA's (predecessors ) requirements (in fact defined CASA's requirements), I am qualified to speak on this matter and you obviously are not.

If RVAC had a history of incidents of particular type, for example departing the runway, as other schools have had, that are statistically significant, then one may reach a conclusion about the school. No such conclusion has ever been,and can ever be, reached about RVAC, nor have I ever noticed anything that would lead to such a conclusion. This of course is not to say that things are perfect. We have all had that "gotcha" moment, me included.

Since the pilot in this case was a young and sprightly Seventy Two, and is unlikely to be an "Ab Initio" student for which the club is responsible, your comments are completely off target and I will let readers guess your motivation.

Last edited by Sunfish; 5th Apr 2010 at 11:17.