PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Apr 2010, 06:40
peterlike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many questions - not so mnay answers

There are 2 commodities that are in short supply at the moment. Facts and Truth. So I have some random, bullet point questions and if anyone can answer them, that would be great.

1) Is anyone talking to anyone at the moment? Is there a new deal on the table, is there an old deal on the table? BASSA seems to only be talking about the next strike (obviously these could be scare tactics to get a done deal)

2) I heard that 53 out of 55 BASSA reps where suspended (True or false?). If so what were the reasons? It does seem an incredibly high percentage.

3) If one is suspended I presume one would NOT lose one's staff travel during a strike, but would still come across as a martyr for the cause.

4) I would presume any suspension is followed by some kind of disciplinary hearing? No? So we should be hearing cases of atleast 53 such hearings in the near future.

5) I have read (on various forums) that strikers were not to be re-rostered. If so how come there is a full flight schedule in the days following the strikes? Shortly there would be the same shortage of crew as there was during the strikes.

6) To follow up question 5. Could it be that WW had enough TCC to fly all the planes but decided to cut non profit making flights (Better to send 2 x FULL planes than 3 X 75% PAX planes.) blame the unions for all this upheaval and save BA a few quid at the same time (hence the recent management bonuses)

7) Of the strikers, what percentage were on post 1997 contracts? If any of these lost their staff travel then I feel a bit sorry for them. However any on the pre 97 contract are still much better off than me, even WITHOUT staff travel so I dont think I will be going around with a collection box. In fact maybe they would like to go round with a collection box for the realitve newbies, as without the post 97 contract rated Cabin crew, I am pretty sure BA would not be able to compete. It would seem the post 97 CC have enabled the high wage contracted CCs to have an extra 13 years top rate earnings. More than time enough to maybe see the writing on the wall and make plans.

8) If there are any post 97 CC out there and went on strike. Please tell me your reaasons, I would love to hear them

Ok thats it. And BASSA , Easter is now over, the 14th April is looming, please give us some hard facts... and I don't mean how many hamburgers were eaten.