PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gringos wanting to fly in our airlines haha
Old 4th Apr 2010, 22:47
gasguzzlerlatino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh trust me, I saw that show, as a matter of fact I viewed it when it aired, I like to stay on touch with the happenings in aviation.
I have had my fair share with some foreign pilots, dont get me wrong there is great people, I have friends in major US airlines.
That doesnt take away though the fact that there is people who come to our countries and ruin the industry. If not take a look at the COPA threads ( people suggesting other to go and get the TR and leave ASAP). I have friends there who are crew members and tell me how arrogant and unpolite foreign crews are. For example, how they do not try to even learn the language, come on, you need to talk english with atc, but you can speak spanish with you gate personnel and say hi.
My problem is with those who want to come to latin america for jobs, when there are jobs here ( as bad as they are or can be).
Now when there is no more people down south ( or qualified pilots) and there is a need for pilots and these pilots convert licences, pass tests, etc... then welcome, but until then don't close doors on my friends not only south but also in US ( the case ) since it is the country that has the most restrictions to work.