PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 4th Apr 2010, 21:12
George Semel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I been following Kash360 for a while now. I don't know what to say. All I can say that its the toughest job market I have ever seen for pilots here in the States, and we have a little more aviation here than in most places, and I have been in the business since 1974 when I started. There are jobs but its very narrow and type. In other worlds a light airplane and helicopter bush pilot like myself with plenty of flight time is not going to get a job flying A-320's in China or 747's till the economic out look improves a lot of us will be on the streets. There is nothing you can do about it, other than keep applying and let the employer say no, not you. Employers are getting over run with resume's when a few short years ago they were not. In my last interview, for example the employer gotten 900 resumes for the job, in this case an Helicopter EMS job. The gotten the pile down to 9 and made phone calls, then they gotten the that pile down to three and made another phone call interviews for two seats. I had gotten down to the final three, Not bad, it would have been better If I had gotten one of the seats, I fly both airplanes and helicopters and and I have well over 10K for hours in the logbook and a bunch more I can put in one. So its not always about fight time. Its just what it is. There is always tomorrow.