PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 20:51
kappa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To get this thread back on the BA CC IA matter, this was posted today on the CC thread by a BA pilot as "the latest from the chair". I wonder if he means LizAnne?

For your info since last Tuesday most BASSA reps have been spread all over the world rostered on flying duties. BA do not de-roster us any more so it is almost impossible to function efficiently. Being suspended I am virtually the only one able to conduct BASSA duties but even doing do technically contradicts the rules of my suspension. However I have chosen to press ahead and communicate with you all in my capacity as your secretary. We are doing all we can under the circumstances. We are preparing for more industrial action and hope to be able to make an announcement this week.

BA have been asked to de-roster all reps for a pensions briefing on Wednesday and afterwards the senior reps (those that can get there) will meet with Tony Woodley to agree our next steps. This is the first time we will be able to get together. I appreciate it is frustrating but we simply are not being allowed to represent you.

Since the strike many more crew have been suspended and that is something else we have to deal with. Pilots are now virtually entraping crew and any heated discussion is ending in the crew being suspended while the pilot walks free. Last night I spent much of the evening advising a WW purser who was taken off his back to back and suspended and this is not an isolated incident. This is all down to flight deck and it is no longer a small number. Frankly I am disgusted with them and will never trust them again. What this is doing to CRM is very very serious but apparently it does not seem to bother the BA management or their flight deck lackeys (I am sorry if there are any decent pilots I might have offended but not many seem to be speaking up right now and by sitting back and doing nothing you are as guilty as those doing the entraping). Many good and decent crew are now potentially facing the sack because of the shameful actions initiated by a certain captain. (We have seen his postings on the BALPA forum boasting about his arrangement with Walsh - we hope he is proud of himself).

Yes Walsh is training up volunteers, yes this is now a full assault on your jobs and yes in my opinion we should go for all out industrial action in a determined effort to bring this madman to his senses, but not everyone can see what is happening and some crew still think there are more gentler ways of resisting this dispute. Their e mails have to be answered and their worries addressed. Walsh's actions are taking us to the precipice but not everyone sees it yet. BASSA knows what needs to be done but when we do it we want all the members to be convinced there is no easier way. Quite frankly what we have now is Armageddon and it has all been caused by Walsh backed up by his pet Captain.

Please bear with us and have a little faith, as I said there will be developments this week as far as BASSA is concerned. Speaking personally I shall be pushing for an all out strike as I see no alternative now.