PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Really worried (Class 1 Medical Question)
Old 15th Jul 2002, 16:38
quidam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Really worried guys and gals

I've tried the medical forum with no success
So figured I'd give here a try

I'll not bore with details but a few weeks ago I was involved in a non fault road accident that left me with the pleasure of some fairly nasty leg injuries (No head injury and only injuries to one leg)

I've had the Op's and all appears to be healing ok, albeit a little slowly(or atleast it seems that way to me)

I have the permanent addition of internal metalwork holding my leg together and when the mesh is removed should have a nearly complete knee cap that Dr's are hopeful will regain full movement.

As a partially qualified (if there is such a thing) ATPL(h) holder as I'm sure all will accept, I can now pass house bricks whilst I recover.

I've been advised rightly(or wrongly) not to speak to the CAA until some idea of my recovery time and state are known, and I've been given very sound reasons for this advice.

I've no intention of flying until fit and the beauocrats have been satisfied.

However anybody else out there kept a class 1 after something similar???

Any views on how best to approach the pen pushers?? (either directly or via the Dr I use to renew my medical? )

Probably seems irrational to worry and yes I am still keeping things in perspective (still alive and things could be worse etc etc) but I hate the thought of my own 'little dream' being so abruptly pulled out of my grasp Especially after being allowed to re mortgage our house in the first place

Any advice greatly received

Cheers all