PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Telephoto lens - Stabilised or not?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 14:40
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumpseater,

If not so already ( ? ) you could EASILY make professional !

Problem is nowadays, every Tom Dick ( especially Dicks ) & Harry thinks they're a pro', and as cameras advance the margin narrows...

As for the shoulder mounted grip Teej advises, maybe a great thing for pure photography, but as someone else pointed out, in this day & age one can get held down & 7 bullets in the head just for jumping a ticket barrier, so god knows what you'd get for holding what could easily be mistaken for a 'Stinger' or similar by an airfield !

There was a notorious incident a few years ago when an ' activist ' ( terrorists weren't trendy then ) had his car riddled with bullets in central London, somehow he survived.

'Private Eye' ran a brilliant front page of two guys in balaclava's etc, " how come you shot him 27 times ? " - " I ran out of bullets ! "

I do know, as I live about 10 miles away from Gatwick, that police regularly check the little roadside parking places under the flightpath.

I'm glad that's a recent thing, as these are precisely the places one when young with first car would go with one's girlfriend for a 'snuggle' !!!