PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 Battery - How long does it last?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 12:57
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day time:

Turn everything off bar the radio

I would tell which ever ATC service that I was talking to what my intentions were, an eta of where I was going and when I would next be in contact and on which frequency. Then the master switch would be turned off until I got to where I told them I would contact them again. Which would be about 15mins out from the field I intended to land at. And I wouldn't declare an emergency (that said it wouldn't be wrong for another pilot who felt that they wern't happy to declare pan or mayday as they see fit). It would be a flapless landing. It's happened a few times to me in 1300 hours in SEP.

Night time.:

Don't do singles at night far enough away from a runway so I would just get it as quickly as possible on the deck leaving the Nav lights on and radio. It would again be flapless with no landing light. And I would proberly declare a mayday cause I am a big girls blouse and don't want to be stuck holding for commercial traffic with a limited battery and potentially no radio which would be a pain for both me and ATC.