PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 11:25
Papa2Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's an ATR72-500 from the original May 2006 order. It's been delayed a number of times. Originally four were due for delivery this year but last time I checked, 3 had been pushed to 2011 and they'll just take a single aircraft this year. Depending on the success of the Aer Lingus Regional operation, it may give Aer Arann more confidence to forge on with this fleet expansion.

The bigger issue to my mind is how the aircraft will be financed. Aer Arann will need to make (if they haven't already) pre delivery payments on the aircraft and will also need to arrange financing for the final delivery payment. As Padraig O'Ceidigh has noted several times in the past, Aer Arann have had to re-structure their debts so the added burden of taking an additional four aircraft over the coming 18 months will need to be weighed up carefully.

On another subject, does anyone know where Aer Arann have their heavy checks accomplished? I'm guessing the Galway facility is Part 145 approved up to and including A-Check but where do they send the aircraft for C-Checks and above?

All the best,

P2C