PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laser Idiot Nabbed
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 08:34
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently got 'zapped' the other night whilst slipping on into EN (second time now) with very alarming results.Lost orientation momentary with rwy in excellent VMC. Really lit up the cockpit with the Ambo sitting down the back saying WTF was that bright light in the cockpit? Reported it to the twr coming from an area around Coburg (near Syd Rd) as far as I could tell. The authorities can do little about it. Even if they found someone with a laser in their possession I wonder what they could do about it anyway re proving they used it on an A/C?

Trouble is what do we do with such people? Very hard to find these misguided fools & educate them. To them am sure they think it's fun to see if they can target a fast moving object seeing it as some form of skill to them, much like shooting one with a gun! It's a bit like the fools who throw rocks at cars from an overpass, to them it's also fun as in seeing if they can actually hit a car!
Setting an Eg by jailing someone would help but these people soon forget the ramifications of such a stupid act. As mentioned here our judicial system is a joke always has been that's the main cause. From early school days society is breeding contempt! Discipline now no longer exists.

Wmk2 thinking of wearing welding goggles of a night time blw 5000 ft!