PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 4th Apr 2010, 05:45
petesevenseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding a Job!!!

Hi There Kash,

I see you mentioned Zambia and Bots. I might add me and a couple of mates of mine had very similar experiences to you in Maun. Maun is all about timing if your'e not there at the right time and you don't like sheep in long grass then forget it!!!!!!

In my time many years ago we didn't waste our time we just headed for East Africa and there was plenty of work to go around. So What i'm trying to say is there are more country's that you could have tried in africa. For instance Tanzania thats where me and my mates ended up, but don't leave it there try Uganda, Rwanda, The DRC,Gabon,Equatorial Guinea, Ghana granted some of them not as pleasant as others but really worth giving a go.

Its in times like these you gotta be prepared to go where no one else will!!! It worked for me. So pack a backpack and just go and start knocking on these doors. Its worth noting in all these exotic places no one will hire you online.com.

I'm happy to say that it all worked out for me and my mates we are all flying for various airlines around the world NONE OF US ENDED UP PAYING FOR A RATING.

I started out in africa with 273.2 Hrs i was unemployed for 8 months then i got offered 3 jobs in 1 week when it rains it pours!!!! I was lucky enough that my first job was on a Multi Turbine/ Multi Crew aircraft because it made my JAR conversion much easier I left Africa with just under 2500hrs all of it on turbine aircraft...

So give africa another go.... Try to think outside the box a little don't follow the sheep....Also don't be so quick to tell the world you scored your first job till your'e through with your line training and comfortably flying the line because the next thing you know there will be 20 other guys hanging around up that tree waiting to take your job!!!!

Hope that helps!!!

Pete77