PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough fight for EK in Canada
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 23:51
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
555 orange

Emirates/Etihad have good access already and just wants MORE
See my point regarding Air Canada and Porter airlines. Then tell me why Air Canada needs "more" on the domestic front?
If the argument can be used internationally for Canada to protect it's own interest (which is the one you are using)...then tell me how it applies domestically if Air Canada puts a competitor out of business that provides jobs and income tax in their own territory...as you put it.

It is always a vs/vs scenario. It just so happens to be EK at the moment.

Will they get more flights? I don't know.

Why should they? Because they say the demand is there and no one else is willing to serve that demand (or able) . Do I believe them? maybe...figures are always used to prove either sides arguments. Ek says one thing..Canada says another. You will believe whichever side you are on.....We are in agreement there is a market with the connections through Europe and EK are vying for that market.

Do I blame the Cdn govt? Yes and no....they don't seem to stick up for any of the other "ailing" canadian airlines or offer any protection to them. You will have noticed another Cdn aviation company gone under this week in Skyservice. Not much govt interference there it seems. Not the same clout as Air Canada perchance?

Anyway we will never agree...but as I have said I have learned from the discussion and gleaned some interesting points in general.

We'll see for the future...and whichever way it goes I won't be inconvenienced in the slightest...nor will I care who is doing the flying.
Thankyou for your comments.

MAC