PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT, et al - A word of Caution
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2001, 02:53
MALCOLM_DEAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send Clowns,

I take on board your comments, however I must respectfully disagree with you.

I actually met and spoke to two people in Florida who are in this position. I am not prepared to go into individual circumstances but I have no reason to doubt the bona fide nature of their comments or indeed the paperwork they produced to back up their claims.They may, like many PPSC and SFT students have lost money and have yet to darken the doors of their respective training providers.

Query,

Again I take on borad your comments. I would point out that my post is not a plea for highr prices, it is just an observation of what I feel will be the nett result of the changes we have seen.

It is clear from your comments that you are obviously not based in the UK as there certailny has been no reduction of fuel costs here. There has however been a drop of about 25% in fuel costs in the USA over the past 6 weeks or so. Is that your home base ?

As for reducing Instructor salaries. I pay £18.00 per flying hour with a gaurantee of £750.00 per month for PPL Instructors and substantially higher for Commercial Instructors. These are up for review on January 1st as per company policy and I can assure you ( and more importantly those who work for me) that these will NOT be reviewed downwards !!

What are you currently paying ?

Malcolm Dean

[ 10 November 2001: Message edited by: MALCOLM_DEAN ]