PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake Brevet's
Thread: Fake Brevet's
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 21:11
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Searching eBay for brevets is as sad as an imposter wearing, or a wide boy selling if you ask me. Unless your a walt, for then it is essential surfing.
Well Diablo, you've no idea WHY people look for brevets online and I wasn't aware anyone did ask you.

My dad was aircrew for over 12 years including the whole of WWII, and I was aircrew from 1973 and stopped flying last year, including on Ops. I reckon that entitles me to look at what the hell I like - including brevets.

Not that it's any of your business but I was researching my dad's transition from brass flying bullet to brevet, the rise in rank from LAC Air Gunner to Sgt Air Gunner etc etc. There are a myriad of possible reasons.

If you're that insecure about your brevet wearing, you should have been around when the woolly pulley (or what ever spelling) was introduced and a lot of navigators (in particular) kicked off because originally there were no brevets sewn on them. You'd have fitted in just fine.

Back to the point - there are low-lifes out there conning people out of hard earned money at a time when most people are far more aware of our Armed Forces and many of them being in harms way.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were not UK born, because looking at the BBC reports it's fair to say that much of the conning being done is by 'visitors' (doubtless I'll be slagged for being racist now) who've settled within these shores.