PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 13:54
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for taking the time to post, I very much appreciate your honest opinions and advice. In my previous post I have already highlighted that I do have a backup plan as before I tried to pursue a career as a pilot, I had qualified as an aeronautical engineer and worked at the European space agency followed by as an oil and gas consultant for a large petroleum company. It was not until I got made redundant and tried to get back into engineering that I followed this path.
I don’t want people feeling sorry for me, and neither do I wish to hack people off. And if you feel that I have in anyway please forgive me as this certainly was not my intension. I do not wish to be signing on at the job centre. I’m not holding out for a pilot’s job or an engineering job. I would be more than happy to accept any job in any field. This is what I am currently trying to do, I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth, and I worked damn hard from the age of 16 and saved every penny all my life to become a pilot.

I understand that there is no job as a pilot out there for me, but I don’t want to look back in the future and say that I didn’t try my upmost and sincere best. My first ever job was loading bags onto aircrafts and worked my way up. But this isn’t my story it’s the story of thousands of us inexperienced pilots who have paid out their own pockets. And have promised themselves not to pay to fly.

If I have upset anyone in the process of expressing my views and opinions or even asking for a bit of advice I apologise from the bottom of my heart.

Kash360