PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 11:49
ozbiggles

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
G'day Spaceman
Not a go at you at all. Just wanted to make sure people understand once your in, the pass/mark doesn't change based on how many pilots the Raaf needs. As finestkind says, any changes in output required would be dealt at the input stage ie at selection.
If there is not to much demand at the other end it just means you will wait longer for a conversion and there may not be many choices for the instructors to send you to.
I have never said anything different. There are a number of user names similar to mine which may be the cause of some confusion.
As for a reduction in quality, I'd have to say no. The 'assessment system' at 2fts is very accurate, as close as you get to 100%.(note, not perfect but very good)
Helmet and flak vest on But I would say no one who has been scrubbed didn't deserve it as long as their instructor was doing their job. Many have gone on from it to be outstanding pilots elsewhere and many now check ex mil guys into their RPT futures. A lesson for young guys, never dish another pilot. One day he will probably be checking you!