PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 10:16
KingDingaling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I think the petition is a great idea - would it be worth forwarding it to friends and family as well, explaining the flight safety issue? After all they are the fare paying public who are being exposed to this when they buy a ticket!

Shall we get some decent momentum behind this for a change instead of burying out heads in the sand and harping on about how lucky we are to be employed?! I agree the market has changed and I am all for low cost travel, but in my opinion these schemes are a step too far.

As a side point please don't forget that unions such as BALPA are only as good as the members in them - if things are to change drastically then members must be prepared to act drastically. The main problem here is that nobody wants the temporary pain for a long term gain. Typical UK short-termist attitude - which is exactly the attitude that has lead us to this point by airline management and the people paying to fly a shiny jet . Nothing will change if we don't get off our a$$es and dig our heels in. It is never too late to start!

Regards

KD