PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air North Brasilia Crash in Darwin (Merged)
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 10:11
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really wanting to get back into this, but just for the sake of clarity...

This is a detail of that graph. I have added emphasis lines to show more clearly, vertically, the line that represents "ground run to engine failure recognition", and horizontally, in red, "Takeoff decision speed" and in green, the plane where the vertical "ground run to engine failure recognition" line intersects the acceleration curve.

It should be pretty obvious from this detail that the acceleration curve does not go any higher than the point where it intersects the "ground run to engine failure recognition" line, although of course it does go slightly above the "Takeoff decision speed" line.

So... from this graph, it would appear that acceleration does NOT increase above the point where the failure is recognised.

The only real question in my mind is what kind of acceleration Boeing are talking about, because that looks more like a raw speed curve to me...

Anyway... back into my hole now...

Now whether that is what the graph is trying to tell us, and how much might have been lost in the scanning/copying process, I leave to you...