PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 10 things that annoy you in aviation.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 10:05
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High viz vests. There is not a single documented case of an aircraft taxiing into a pedestrian, but lots of pedestrians have walked into propellers.

People who think that what they learn in groundschool will never be useful. One day it will be.

People who fly through published IFR approaches without calling the airfield concerned. In the last year I've had two go-rounds as a result and at £38 per minute my boss complains.

People who launch cross country without a plan or a check on the weather.

People who don't turn on their transponders because they are just off for a quiet bimble without needing ATC. Those of us who are using ATC like to be told about you, and while my own aeroplane doesn't have TCAS the kit I fly for work does and I then can tell whether you are a factor or not.

Airport security. I am not going to hi-jack myself and yes I do want my contact lens kit and toothpaste in my briefcase.

Durham Tees Valley Airport. See above. Your security are the most ridiculous and rudest in the business.

People who look down from their mighty spamcans on those of us who own wood and cloth wonders.

People who loudly dispense advice in the flying club bar when most of their flying is for lunch at the airfield down the road.

People who dress as captains for flying their familly and friends. My employers make me dress as a captain and the last thing I will wear in my own aeroplane is gold bars.

People who think they can charge for flying without a professional license or AOC. Do you know the risks your passengers are running or the laws you are breaking?

Rant Off

Last edited by Sir Niall Dementia; 3rd Apr 2010 at 17:20.