PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air North Brasilia Crash in Darwin (Merged)
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 07:23
F.Nose

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE]I think that one should read what was written rather than making it up as you go along and then ascribing it to a prior post ..../QUOTE]

Whilst I have better things to do than get involved in a pointless argument I believe that I have indeed carefully read what you have written. I agree with most of your comments and have found them educational however....

These are your words.
[QUOTE]During the rundown period, the thrust progressively reduces, resulting in a speed overrun with a hump such as shown generically in the Boeing sketch. Just the way the real world works, I'm afraid./QUOTE]

Can you please explain where this hump is because I see a very small horizontal line... representing Inertia, followed by a marked down curve...deceleration.

I agree that an engine will not go from T/O power to ground idle instantaneously when the throttle is cut... However the power required to keep an AC accelerating on 1 engine will be very quickly lost (as near a damn it to instantaneously) once the throttle is slammed shut. It does not have to get anywhere near ground idle.